The best hot chocolate we have ever had was on a cold winter’s day in January, whilst on holiday in Belgium. A hot mug of milk was served with a large chunk of chocolate on a stick, it made for the richest and creamiest hot chocolate we had ever tasted!
To make your own deliciously warming decadent hot chocolate drinks for cold winter days here are our DIY hot chocolate spoons…and they’re so easy to make!
Happiness is hot chocolate!
To make six hot chocolate spoons
You will need:
- 200g good quality white, milk or dark chocolate
- 6 wooden spoons
- Small Dariole Silicone Bakeware Mould / large flexible ice cube tray or small silicone cupcake mould
- Start by chopping your chocolate into small pieces, put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or mug and heat in the microwave on a medium temperature for approximately 2 minutes in 30 second bursts until chocolate is almost completely melted, stirring after each blast. Stir well until smooth, fully melted and glossy. Allow to sit for a minute and stir. If you’re making a variety of chocolates – white, milk, dark etc you will need to melt each separately.
- Carefully pour or spoon the melted chocolate into the moulds, Do not fill right to the top of the mould as you will need to allow room to add the spoon. Tap the mould firmly against your worktop to remove any air bubbles from the chocolate, set aside for five minutes.
- Add the spoons to the middle of each mould, sink them into the melted chocolate making sure your spoon is submerged in the chocolate and not leaning to one side.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until completely set.
- Once fully set, carefully remove the chocolate spoon from mould.
- When you are ready to serve your Hot chocolate, pop one of the spoons in an attractive mug. Bring a cup of milk to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave, then pour into your mug and stir well until the chocolate melts away.
Nothing beats a little stirring indulgence, so since making these we have been experimenting with flavours and treats… DIY Pretty Hot Chocolate Spoons coming soon!