We had so much fun making our DIY hot chocolate spoons, that we have been experimenting and for today’s version we went for pretty spoons decorated with shimmery sugar confetti and pearlised balls.
For extra prettiness we decorated the wooden spoons with wash tape.
Just warm a mug of milk on the hob or in the microwave and pop the chocolate spoon in the mug and stir until it melts away.
To make six hot chocolate spoons
You will need:
- 200g good quality white, milk or dark chocolate
- 6 wooden spoons
- Small Dariole Silicone Bakeware Mould / large flexible ice cube tray or small silicone cupcake mould
- Confetti dots
- White Pearl 10mm Edible Sugar Pearl Balls
- Pink Pearl 8mm Edible Sugar Pearl Balls
- Start by chopping your chocolate into small pieces, put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or mug and heat in the microwave on a medium temperature for approximately 2 minutes in 30 second bursts until chocolate is almost completely melted, stirring after each blast. Stir well until smooth, fully melted and glossy. Allow to sit for a minute and stir. If you’re making a variety of chocolates – white, milk, dark etc you will need to melt each separately.
- Carefully pour or spoon the melted chocolate into the moulds, Do not fill right to the top of the mould as you will need to allow room to add the spoon. Tap the mould firmly against your worktop to remove any air bubbles from the chocolate, set aside for five minutes.
- Add the spoons to the middle of each mould, sink them into the melted chocolate making sure your spoon is submerged in the chocolate and not leaning to one side.
- Sprinkle confetti dots to the tops, add a few sugar pearls and gently press down to make sure all the sugar pearls are touching the chocolate.
- Using a fine brush, sprinkle edible glitter to the tops.
- Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until completely set.
- Once fully set, carefully remove the chocolate spoon from mould.
- When you are ready to serve your Hot chocolate. Bring a cup of milk to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave, then pour into a attractive mug. Pop your pretty hot chocolate spoon into the hot mug and stir well until the chocolate melts away.
Photos by Torie Jayne